Recently companies have started experimenting with enterprise level PMO organizations (also called EPPMO) to provide program and division level attention to strategy and execution. Core focus areas include consolidated analytics on delivery status, resource utilization and financial viability. Resource Planning, both labor and non-labor, is at the heart of program level decision-making, and priority, supply and demand are constantly re-evaluated. In addition, delivery goals and targets are not the same when managing programs or divisions. Attrition, change and project failures are part of the forecasting model and are expected during the course of business. Realistic targets for project success may very well fall under 100%.
COMMON BUSINESS PROBLEMS
- Lack of alignment between department and program level plans and detailed project plans
- Financials system does not link to project system
- Named resource forecast does not align with skill forecast
- Inability to see financial data consolidated across projects
- Inability to drill into problem areas and get to detail
ResourceFirst provides a single system for managing program level financials, utilization, delivery success and other target objectives. Labor and non-labor financials are driven from forecasted data or actual results as posted against subordinate projects. Multiple baselines and scenarios can be captured for future recall and analysis. ResourceFirst also provides a scenario analysis module which provides levers for optimizing the value of each portfolio, including net present value (NPV). Most importantly, all of the program financials and business analytics are created form a credible operational foundation of strategy, allocation and execution.
- Import and export to major financial systems
- Project cost distribution across multiple projects
- Hierarchical node-based security rights
- Dynamic hierarchy reporting
- Excel based reporting for bulk edits and export
- Aligns projects and programs in a project hierarchy
- Consolidates budgets and financials to each hierarchical levels
- Balances resource teams across initiatives
- Provides visibility into cycle times and critical milestones
- Provides road-map based on hierarchical filters
ResourceFirst capabilities are typically grouped to support implementation needs – Learn more about Integrated Solution Blocks
PDWare is a leading provider of portfolio management software to organizations with goals toward optimizing strategic alignment, resource allocation and project execution. ResourceFirst, our flagship PPM product, provides the infrastructure for collecting credible operational data and delivering the business analytics to enable portfolio, program and resource management maturity. ResourceFirst is available for cloud and on-premise installations, providing first-line managers, executives, PMO and EPPMO functions the agility to meet fluctuating work priorities, schedules, demand and staff capacity.