Recently companies have started experimenting with enterprise level PMO organizations (also called EPPMO) to provide program and division level attention to strategy and execution. Core focus areas include consolidated analytics on delivery status, resource utilization and financial viability. Resource Planning, both labor and non-labor, is at the heart of program level decision-making, and priority, supply and demand are constantly re-evaluated. In addition, delivery goals and targets are not the same when managing programs or divisions. Attrition, change and project failures are part of the forecasting model and are expected during the course of business. Realistic targets for project success may very well fall under 100%.
Common Business Problems
- Lack of alignment between department and program level plans and detailed project plans
- Financials system does not link to project system
- Named resource forecast does not align with skill forecast
- Inability to see financial data consolidated across projects
- Inability to drill into problem areas and get to detail
ResourceFirst™provides a single system for managing program level financials, utilization, delivery success and other target objectives. Labor and non-labor financials are driven from forecasted data or actual results as posted against subordinate projects. Multiple baselines and scenarios can be captured for future recall and analysis. ResourceFirst also provides a scenario analysis module which provides levers for optimizing the value of each portfolio, including net present value (NPV). Most importantly, all of the program financials and business analytics form a credible operational foundation of strategy, allocation and execution.
- Import and export to major financial systems
- Project cost distribution across multiple projects
- Hierarchical node-based security rights
- Dynamic hierarchy reporting
- Excel based reporting for bulk edits and export
- Aligns projects and programs in a project hierarchy
- Consolidates budgets and financials to each hierarchical levels
- Balances resource teams across initiatives
- Provides visibility into cycle times and critical milestones
- Provides roadmap based on hierarchical filters
ResourceFirst capabilities are typically grouped to support implementation needs
View solution videos
Request additional information
ResourceFirst™ is a multi-platform hosted solution that uses resource management as a foundation for strategy and portfolio execution. For modern organizations to compete successfully, they must have Strategy, Allocation and Execution data available at all major decision points. ResourceFirst™ promotes a culture of role-based data capture and communication through improved Resource Management, Strategy Execution, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), and Program Management Office (PMO) operations. ResourceFirst™ Solutions touch on multiple process areas and may be implemented in the order of greatest need.