Every year, organizations stop delivering projects and begin the necessary steps to support development of the annual forecast for the board and shareholders. For companies that do not have a forecasting culture, this is a labor intensive exercise that includes meetings, spreadsheets and number crunching. For other companies, those that plan on a periodic basis, this exercise is a slightly more rigorous version of their normal operations. One thing is certain--the annual operating plan must be supported by a delivery plan, which always includes an enterprise staffing forecast.
Common Business Problems
- Lack of alignment between department and program level plans and detailed project plans
- Financials system does not link to project system
- Named resource forecast does not align with skill forecast
- Inability to see financial data consolidated across projects
- Inability to drill into problem areas and get to detail
ResourceFirst™provides a single system for managing program level financials, utilization, delivery success and other target objectives. Labor and non-labor financials are driven from forecasted data or actual results as posted against subordinate projects. Multiple baselines and scenarios can be captured for future recall and analysis. ResourceFirst also provides a scenario analysis module which provides levers for optimizing the value of each portfolio, including net present value (NPV). Most importantly, all of the program financials and business analytics form a credible operational foundation of strategy, allocation and execution.
- Import and export to major financial systems
- Project cost distribution across multiple projects
- Hierarchical node-based security rights
- Dynamic hierarchy reporting
- Excel based reporting for bulk edits and export
- Aligns projects and programs in a project hierarchy
- Consolidates budgets and financials to each hierarchical levels
- Balances resource teams across initiatives
- Provides visibility into cycle times and critical milestones
- Provides roadmap based on hierarchical filters
ResourceFirst capabilities are typically grouped to support implementation needs
View solution videos
Request additional information
ResourceFirst™ is a multi-platform hosted solution that uses resource management as a foundation for strategy and portfolio execution. For modern organizations to compete successfully, they must have Strategy, Allocation and Execution data available at all major decision points. ResourceFirst™ promotes a culture of role-based data capture and communication through improved Resource Management, Strategy Execution, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), and Program Management Office (PMO) operations. ResourceFirst™ Solutions touch on multiple process areas and may be implemented in the order of greatest need.